After the success of our first writer's competition 'Tales of the Forgotten World' last year, we are holding another competition for 'Folklore Retellings'. We are looking for your own retake on folklore from around the world. If you think you can retell one of your favourite folklore's, for the entire world to see, we would love to make that a possibility.
For a chance to have your own short story published in our next anthology, all you have to do is:
- Write a short story based on a folklore. (Sounds obvious but who knows.)
- Have a word count containing between 2,000 and 8,000 words.
- Aim your story at young adults, not children.
- Ensure that your story is an original, meaning it is not published anywhere else online or in print. (All pieces will run through a plagiarism check.)
- Pay a £5 entry fee.
- Ensure that your story is written in British English. Your piece will still be submitted if written in American English, but will be translated for publication.
The competition end date is April 12th 2019, winners will be announced May 3rd 2019.
What do you win?
- Winners will each receive a signed contract to have their short story published within the anthology, with guaranteed royalties from each sale.
- Two free paperback copies of the anthology and one hardback copy.
- Ten free digital download codes for the Apple Bookstore.
This is a great opportunity for any new or established authors to build up their portfolio branding.
We look forward to reading your story. Good luck everyone!