We are an independent publishing company with the primary focus of children and young adult fiction.
We are looking for students/editors who need to work on improving their portfolio.
You will need to have knowledge and experience in these areas. Please only apply if you have proof of any previous work.
• Read draft manuscripts and provide detailed feedback for authors based on an understanding of target readership and market positioning.
• Work closely with authors as their main editorial contact and develop good relationships to ensure books progress according to schedule and are handed over to production on time.
Experience / skills required:
• Demonstrate the skills and correct instincts to develop draft manuscripts with authors and provide helpful feedback in line with the original brief.
• Demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects and deliver them to agreed deadlines.
• The ability to develop effective working relationships with a wide range of authors and other stakeholders.
• Attention to detail.
• Confident working independently and as part of a team.
• Commercial acumen and knowledge of the publishing process.
• Knowledge of business, finance and risk not necessary but a willingness to learn and follow new subject developments will be an advantage.
Pay will be negotiated on successful applications.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, previous works and fields of study.